Sunday 16 November 2008

Album 10. Brilliant Corners - Thelonious Monk

And the jazz keeps coming, this time moving into more of an improvisational "bebop" style of playing.

My mother often said if you can't say anything nice then say nothing at all, but I just can't. The only thing stupider than this mans name is his music. I could hit random keys on a piano at odd time intervals and call it a tune, but I don't becasuse, quite frankly, it wouldn't be and it isn't when Monk does it either. Can he even play the instrument properly? I don't know because he never actually tries to.

This is musical masturbation of the highest order with lengthy, tuneless, directionless pieces that just leave your head screaming when will it fucking end!

2 comments:

Mr Benner said...

This from a man who worships at the feet of Steve Vie (sp?)

Mark said...

It's spelt Vai, and I'll take Joe Satriani or Paul Gilbert over him any day.