Saturday 15 November 2008

Album 5. This is Fats - Fats Domino

I think most people have encountered Fats Domino through his rendition of the song "Blueberry Hill". The rest of the material here follows a similar up tempo boogie-woogie rhythm and blues style. A particular highlight for me was the instrumental track "Fat Man's Hop" with Fats showing how good a pianist he is.

This is a good, solid album from one of the greats of the genre, but while it was well worth the listen it didn't blow me away.

1 comment:

Grupi said...

Hello Mark
it's nice to see your blog
I found the 1001 albums site lately and i really want to listen to every album from that list.
I'm a collector of quality music of the years of that album and i wonder if you can help me to get the album (Domino, Fats – This is Fats).
I understand from you blog that you have most of the albums from the list... it sounds really great, i hope i'll have it too soon :)
hoping to hear from you,
thanks
Elad
grupi82@gmail.com